This is the changelog for the Python FlickrAPI. Where appliccable, links to the original bug reports and feature requests are given.
auth_callback=Falsewhen authentication is actually required now raises a
self.flickr_hostso that subclasses can override the API URLs.
Added ElementTree support for Python 2.4. [ Patch 2007996 ]
Made ElementTree the default response parser.
The upload and replace methods now take a
format parameter. [ Feature request 1912606 ]
Removed deprecated methods.
replace methods no longer report
progress on their callback regarding the HTTP headers.
Tab completion of all Flickr API functions in IPython.
Fix for a bug where a crash occurred when XML containing
<name /> element was parsed
Deprecated a number of methods for old-style error
handling, including the
fail_on_error constructor parameter.
Just handle the
exceptions instead of explicitly testing all method calls. The
deprecated methods will be completely removed in release
Implemented a response parser system, which still parses to XMLNode objects by default. It now also includes parsing to the Python standard ElementTree format. ElementTree will soon replace XMLNode as the default response parser. See the documentation on how to use the new parsers.
format constructor parameter to set the default response
format for all method calls. Overriding per call is still possible.
store_token constructor parameter that's
default. Set to
False to ensure the on-disk token cache isn't
used. [ Feature request 1923728 ]
Added caching framework. Pass
cache=True to the constructor to
use it. [ Feature request 1911450 ]
Lot of code improvements, most of them renaming of the public interface to the Python coding standard described in PEP 8. The exact publicly visible changes are described in the UPGRADING document. [ Feature request 1773473 ]
Added multi-user support to the authentication token cache. [ Feature request 1874067 ]
Support for web applications. [ Feature request 1896701 ]
format='rest' results in unparsed XML from the REST
request. [ Feature request 1834459 ]
uuid module and replaced it with our own random MIME
Improved code and package documentation.
Support for unauthenticated, read-only access to the Flickr API. [ Feature request 1802210 ]
getToken(...) method. Use
Better Windows compatibility by opening JPEG files in binary mode.
upload method allows for the application to receive progress
information regarding running uploads. [ Feature request 1793276 ]
Preliminary support for different response formats. If a format other than the default REST is chosen, the raw response will be returned to the caller without parsing.
Python 2.4 compatibility.
webbrowser Python module to start a webbrowser, instead
of doing it ourselves. This will greatly improve the platform
independence of applications. [ Feature request 1793350 ]
Please note that this changes the API itself - you can no longer
pass the 'browser' and 'fork' parameters to the getTokenPartOne(...)
method call. The
webbrowser module figures out what to do by
No longer allow passing
jpegData to the
replace methods. The code handling it was buggy. If you're
actually using the
jpegData parameter of those functions, let us
know and we might restore the functionality in a proper way.
Full Unicode compatibility. Pass strings as
unicode objects, and
they'll be automatically encoded as UTF-8 before sending to Flickr.
[ Bug report 1779463 ]
Introduced unittests. Not everything is covered yet, but we've got a good start. [ Feature request 1773475 ]
Refactored the upload/replace methods. [ Feature request 1778905 ]
Gracefully handle corrupt or otherwise invalid data in the token cache. [ Feature request 1781236 ]
First SourceForge based release.
Added replace functionality.
Added compatibility with graphical browsers.
Added functionality for GUI application authentication.
A FlickrError exception is now thrown when a Flickr API call returns an error status. [ Feature request 1772031 ]
Reorganized the package source to a Python package (it was a module).
Instead of writing to stderr the logging module is now used for logging.
No longer required to pass the API key and the authentication token to Flickr API calls. [ Feature request 1772023 ]
Before we moved to SourceForge, there was a simple numbering scheme from version 1 to 11. Version 11 was our first version in Subversion, and was tagged as 0.11. From there on, a major.minor numbering scheme is used. This is the pre-Subversion changelog.
|Release 1||initial release|
|Release 2||added upload functionality|
|Release 3||code cleanup, convert to doc strings|
|Release 4||better permission support|
|Release 5||converted into fuller-featured "flickrapi"|
|Release 6||fix upload sig bug (thanks Deepak Jois), encode test output|
|Release 7||fix path construction, Manish Rai Jain's improvements, exceptions|
|Release 8||change API endpoint to "api.flickr.com"|
|Release 9||change to MIT license|
|Release 10||fix horrid \r\n bug on final boundary|
|Release 11||break out validateFrob() for subclassing|