blender

Planned Changes to Blender's Alembic Exporter

I'm looking for feedback on planned Alembic exporter changes in Blender 2.90

Scripting for Artists Chapter 2

At Blender I have been making a tutorial series called Scripting for Artists. As relief during the COVID-19 worldwide quarantaine, a new chapter was added to this series, which now has come to an end.

Blender Conference 2016

BConf 2016 was awesome, as ever. This is just a blog post to share the slides of my workshop “ Develop add-ons like a pro”.

I'm a PhD & work at Blender!

Yesterday I obtained my PhD degree in Computer Science at the Universiteit Utrecht, on the subject of the simulation of dense crowds. Of course my thesis Dense Crowds of Virtual Humans is available online!

Reloading your code in Blender

UPDATE 2019: Things are considerably simpler. Just press F8 in Blender 2.79 or older, or press F3 and search for ‘Reload Scripts’ in recent Blenders. Blender lets you script more or less everything.

Counting pixels in Blender

UPDATE 2019: the image of the node setup has been lost. For my research, I’m using Blender to generate images. I wanted to know how visible a certain object is in the final render (i.

Blender conference 2013

Last weekend Amsterdam was visited by a great group of over 250 Blender professionals and enthousiast, for the Blender Conference 2013. This year it was my pleasure to give a workshop about my research, and how I use Blender to visualize my result.

Multiblend 1.4 released

I’ve released a new version of Multiblend! Version 1.4 has the following improvements over the previous version: Display timing info after rendering. Added -E option to skip existing frames and render only the missing ones.

Fighting for Umlaut

For my Master of Science course in Game & Media Technology at the Utrecht University I had to make another 3D animation. This time the focus was on more traditional animation techniques such as stretch-and-squash.

Pong

For the Utrecht University I made a short animation called Pong. together with two fellow students. We used Blender to add models to the MoCap data we recorded, and rendered with Blender + Multiblend.